We find that often the general opinion about Aluminium windows in the current market today is not exactly a good one. Most homeowners are still judging them by what they used to be 30 years ago. Like most things in the today's world Aluminium windows have come a very long way since those days. For example all domestic aluminium windows are now fully thermally broken creating a barrier between the outside and the inside of the window preventing any transfer of cold or heat taking place. This was not the case with the aluminium windows of old hence the problem of condensation forming both on the glass and the frame was extensive.
But this is not the only point that has been dramatically improved on. Aluminium windows are now available in a huge range of colours that can be chosen from the RAL range. Most of these colours are also available in a Gloss, Matt or Satin finish too. You can even choose to have differing colours internally and externally. So gone are the days of the anodised finish framed aluminium windows of old.
The powder coat finish that is applied to our profiles through an electromagnetic process ensures a flawless paint finish that can have guarantee periods of up to 25 years depending on the proximity of the sea. A marine grade finish is also available for those exposed areas where the paint is, quite simply put, half as thick again as the standard finish. This ensures that it can withstand the harshest of marine environments and ever remain looking fresh and like new.
We have already given some of the main advantages that aluminium holds over UPVC here. The key points for our aluminium windows are as follows:
- 24mm and 28mm sealed units
- Argon filled cavities for high efficiency
- Warm edge spacer bars as standard for high efficiency
- Soft Coat 'low emissivity' glass to internal pane for high efficiency
- High security shoot bolt locking mechanisms
- High security interlocking beads
- Concealed hinges
- Slim profiles for increased glass areas
- Profiles can be sleek, square and contemporary or elegant, ovolo and traditional
- 10 year guarantee on sealed units and even longer available on the Aluminium profiles
- Choice of furniture colours – white, black, gold, silver or chrome
- Available with lead, Georgian bar or astragal designs
Our Aluminium casement windows are also available with 90o hinges to comply with fire escape regulations. Easy clean hinges are also available where the open sash will slide across to allow access to the outside of the window pane from inside to make life easier when cleaning.
Aluminium windows can be installed as replacements to your existing windows but are also very suited to new build projects. Take a look at our case studies to see some examples of our work with these products.